Sonihull systems produce multiple bursts of ultrasonic energy in a range of targeted pulse frequencies. These pulses are transmitted through the material that the transducer is attached to.
The ultrasound produces a pattern of alternating positive and negative pressure on the surface of the material. Microscopic bubbles are created during the negative cycle and are imploded during the positive cycle.
This microscopic agitation has a cleansing effect which destroys surface algae.
Disrupting this first link in the food chain keeps the surface clean and makes it a much less inviting habitat for larger organisms that feed on the algae. The microscopic movement of water also prevents barnacle and mussel larvae from embedding on the surface.
Sea-chests, Tanks, Keel-coolers, Box-coolers, Pipework, Intakes, Valves
Hulls, Structures, Shafts, Propellers, Waterjets, Stern Drives, Steering Gear
• Sonihull ultrasonic pulse generator control unit with single transducer output
• Ultrasonic transducer complete with 5.5 metres of cable x1
• Mains cable with 3 pin UK standard fused plug
• Marine Grade epoxy glue
Items required but not supplied with the Sonihull kit
• 4 x screws for mounting control box.(some people prefer to use strong velcro to secure)
||CE & UL|
||100-24VAC 50/60Hz (12-24vDC)|
||2 Per Control Unit|
||6.5m. In Length|
||19.5kHz – 55kHz|
||4.5 Kg (Total Weight)|
||175mm X 130mm X 75mm|
• 8 independent ultrasonic transducer outputs
• Industrial grade LCD full colour screen
• Full critical path fault monitoring
• Runtime hour timer
• Event history
• Fully programmable transducer control
• RS422 port for repeater panel and future upgrades
• Status remote output for integration with management systems
• Pipe adaptors
• Shaft adaptors
• Stern Drive Adaptor
• Weldable mounting rings
£2,433.33 plus VAT